Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Our virtual private server is now working and active. .
Everyone Vote! Drop party for each server list with 300+ votes or 30+ active players!
~Magicland Staff~

So I heard you like Animating.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Untouchable
Untouchable

So I heard you like Animating. Empty
PostSubject: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 4:44 pm

I made these ages ago but i could never get the hang of animating models, so they just sat there and looked all pretty.
If you like them you can animate them and use them, then maybe i won't have wasted my time on them xD
If you do want them I'm sure I could dig up more models, some animated even :p

EDIT: Or not, looks like i deleted my clients folder. >_<

Models (megaupload)

So I heard you like Animating. Untitled2
The blue part is see through like ghostly

So I heard you like Animating. Untitled3
So I heard you like Animating. Untitled4
So I heard you like Animating. Untitled8
So I heard you like Animating. Untitled7
So I heard you like Animating. Untitled6
I quickly gave up trying to make a plume. It's harder than you'd think.

So I heard you like Animating. Untitled5
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 5:59 pm

holy cow, how long did those npc's take you to make?
Back to top Go down
http://magicland.betaboard.net
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 6:11 pm

Uhh about 2 hours each I think. I used items as a base and stuck them together an mutilated them lol
Should be able to recognise some of them
Back to top Go down
XGunnerX

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 6:55 pm

I like specifically the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th npcs. These are really good, but you said you deleted them?
Back to top Go down
Novice

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 7:40 pm

affraid
Whoa these are sweet! I like the elf warrior the best Wink
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 8:36 pm

I deleted my whole clients folder. Probably to make space for tv shows >_<
Theyre unanimated Gunner. If you put them ingame as they are they wouldnt move. When they walk they stay in that position and glide forwards ;P
Back to top Go down
XGunnerX

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 9:39 pm

Untouchable wrote:
Theyre unanimated Gunner. If you put them ingame as they are they wouldnt move. When they walk they stay in that position and glide forwards ;P

Right, I thought you meant that you deleted the models. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 9:46 pm

Just above all the pictures is a download link for the models in the pictures gunner :p
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 10:58 pm

Untouchable wrote:

I bet if i were to take those models and make sure to add/merge all the same points as any other player sized npc. i could animate them without doing a lot of work. =D. I have been getting jacolby on trying to create and then animate some npcs but hes just to darn lazy ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 11:11 pm

I'm not sure that would work. It's the weights and such you set on the faces that determine how it moves. I could animate it sure, but it'd move all wrong. You know how when an animation is bad you get parts moving out really far all spiky?

Like that emote I got you to try earlier cejay, 6111 i think it was. It would look like that.

At least that's how I understand it after trying to do it. Maybe that's why I can't do it Laughing

I think my favourite is the elf archer, i dragged a point on the jaw miles up to make it spiky eared, see how from the chin to the ear point is all one line? :p plus he's wearing badass camo.
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 9:08 am

When animating there are so many things to consider it is almost easier to just create your own animation ha ha ha ha.

But ya i doubt what i said would work =p. but you almost never know ha ha.
Back to top Go down
XGunnerX

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 3:18 pm

Untouchable wrote:
Just above all the pictures is a download link for the models in the pictures gunner :p

Well then... My bad, I didn't see them. xD Anyway again they look good. And with what Cejay has been able to surprise me with, he could animate them almost as if they were meant to be there.
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 4:22 pm

Can't hurt to try I suppose
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 5:02 pm

Untouchable wrote:
Can't hurt to try I suppose

ha ha probably wont work =p. java never works easy like that.
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 5:07 pm

Speaking of java not working, tell me why this doesn't work cejay.

I put a sendmessage in to tell me the index and the index is always 0

Code:
   public void startCraft(int actionbutton) {
      closeInterface();
      int[] buttons = { 33187, 33186, 33185, 33190, 33189, 33188, 33193, 33192, 33191, 33196, 33195, 33194, 33199, 33198, 33197, 33202, 33201, 33200, 33205, 33204, 33203 };
      int[] amounts = { 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10 };
      int[] ids = { 1129, 1129, 1129, 1059, 1059, 1059, 1061, 1061, 1061, 1063, 1063, 1063, 1095, 1095, 1095, 1169, 1169, 1169, 1167, 1167, 1167 };//3xArmor, 3xGloves, 3xBoots, 3xVambraces, 3xChaps, 3xCoif, 3xCowl
      int[] levels = { 14, 1, 7, 11, 18, 38, 9 };//Armor, Gloves, Boots, Vambraces, Chaps, Coif, Cowl
      int[] exp = { 27, 14, 16, 22, 27, 37, 19 };//Armor, Gloves, Boots, Vambraces, Chaps, Coif, Cowl
      int amount = 0, id = -1;
      int index = 0;
      for (int i = 0; i < buttons.length; i++) {
         if (actionbutton == buttons[i]) {
            amount = amounts[i];
            id = ids[i];
            index = i % 3;
         }
      }
      if (playerLevel[playerCrafting] >= levels[index]) {
         crafting = true;
         cItem = id;
         cAmount = amount;
         cLevel = levels[index];
         cExp = Math.round(exp[index] * 100);//How many times rs exp you want to recieve
         cSelected = 1741;
      } else {
         sendMessage("You must have a crafting level of " + levels[index] + " to make this.");
      }
   }
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 7:02 pm

Untouchable wrote:
Speaking of java not working, tell me why this doesn't work cejay.

I put a sendmessage in to tell me the index and the index is always 0

Code:
   public void startCraft(int actionbutton) {
      closeInterface();
      int[] buttons = { 33187, 33186, 33185, 33190, 33189, 33188, 33193, 33192, 33191, 33196, 33195, 33194, 33199, 33198, 33197, 33202, 33201, 33200, 33205, 33204, 33203 };
      int[] amounts = { 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10, 1, 5, 10 };
      int[] ids = { 1129, 1129, 1129, 1059, 1059, 1059, 1061, 1061, 1061, 1063, 1063, 1063, 1095, 1095, 1095, 1169, 1169, 1169, 1167, 1167, 1167 };//3xArmor, 3xGloves, 3xBoots, 3xVambraces, 3xChaps, 3xCoif, 3xCowl
      int[] levels = { 14, 1, 7, 11, 18, 38, 9 };//Armor, Gloves, Boots, Vambraces, Chaps, Coif, Cowl
      int[] exp = { 27, 14, 16, 22, 27, 37, 19 };//Armor, Gloves, Boots, Vambraces, Chaps, Coif, Cowl
      int amount = 0, id = -1;
      int index = 0;
            amount = amounts[i];
            id = ids[i];
            index = i % 3;
         }
      }
      if (playerLevel[playerCrafting] >= levels[index]) {
         crafting = true;
         cItem = id;
         cAmount = amount;
         cLevel = levels[index];
         cExp = Math.round(exp[index] * 100);//How many times rs exp you want to recieve
         cSelected = 1741;
      } else {
         sendMessage("You must have a crafting level of " + levels[index] + " to make this.");
      }
   }

Hmm well If i understand you correctly you are trying to get it to say "you must have a crafting level of (crafting level goes here) to craft this". but it keeps saying "you must have a crafting level of 14 to make this" correct?

if that is the case that means that
Code:
index = i % 3;
. just keeps turning into 0. If you are not sure what % does. it first devides i by 3. then gives you back the remainder. So im not sure what you wanted it to do, but i dont think the % is the way to go. try using
Code:
/
instead and see what that does. (i'm pretty sure it wont work, but i digress.)

Also another reason it may only be giving you zero is it might not be getting into the for loop. (for example)

Code:
int index = 0;
            amount = amounts[i];
            id = ids[i];
            index = i % 3;
         }

actionbutton may never be the same as buttons[i]. so it never sets index to anything but 0.

I would try setting a debugger inside the method. something like this.

Code:
int index = 0;
System.out.println("I am getting into the loop and setting index. actionbutton = "+actionbutton+" buttons = "+buttions[i]);
            amount = amounts[i];
            id = ids[i];
            index = i % 3;
         }

if it is getting through the loop. it will ether say that once or give you about 100 of those messages lol. (well not 100, but you get the idea).

If it doesnt say anything, then that means actionbutton is never the same as anything in the buttons array. (or you might call it ints idk ha ha).

See if that helps =p.
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 8:03 pm

Mhm I thought about the loop not starting but theres no reason the loop shouldn't start, and if you have the req level it will craft and give exp and so on, it just sets a req level of 14 for all crafting, so it's not a problem with the action button int which is why i'm attacking this section.

It really only annoyed me more that exp[index] worked and levels[index] didn't.
The remainder is used instead of divide because theres three of the same item id since you have craft 1 5 and all action buttons on the interface and this way you dont have to repeat entry the exp and level arrays.

I got stuck on this and gave up doing crafting, so I figured i'd get a second opinion. So since you can't see anything I missed I surrender T_T
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 8:39 pm

Untouchable wrote:
Mhm I thought about the loop not starting but theres no reason the loop shouldn't start, and if you have the req level it will craft and give exp and so on, it just sets a req level of 14 for all crafting, so it's not a problem with the action button int which is why i'm attacking this section.

It really only annoyed me more that exp[index] worked and levels[index] didn't.
The remainder is used instead of divide because theres three of the same item id since you have craft 1 5 and all action buttons on the interface and this way you dont have to repeat entry the exp and level arrays.

I got stuck on this and gave up doing crafting, so I figured i'd get a second opinion. So since you can't see anything I missed I surrender T_T

well you see the way you used the % was actually really smart So I heard you like Animating. 3112022095 . The issue is most definitely the loop. The action button isn't matching the buttons in your array. I would try to test it out for you but i can't because i have no idea how to use your method in junction with mine =p. to be honest id have to see you run it. then i would add a few debugging things like i just did to find out. If you wanted to do team viewer i could fix it in a jiff. rabbit but i am almost 90% sure its the for loop messing with you. if you do not belive me. try setting index to 5 instead of zero when you initialize it. =) it will always give you lvl 38. If that is not the problem then all i know about of java is destroyed (and i know a lot about java ha ha). if its not the for loop then its your perimeter actionbutton. (which i highly doubt because if you are using the button packet directly to send the button id, then it really should not be having any issues.)

But to be honest I cant actually help you without looking at your entire program. I can only give you spots to look ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 8:53 pm

Alright, Get on msn and i'll teamviewer you.
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 9:28 pm

untouchable got owned by java So I heard you like Animating. 277638789

welcome to my world man! you are officially in the got screwed by java club!
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 9:30 pm

It's not my fault I was reading it sideways >_>
Back to top Go down
XGunnerX

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 9:33 am

Keep on topic guys. I know your the Owner Cejay, but I'd appreciate it if we stayed on topic.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jacolby

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 4:58 pm

They don't look bad but I've seen a couple of those models out of runescape its self. but way to be creative just recoloring and what not. Razz I like artic anlace it isn't bad seems like it is more custom Smile there is a couple things i could say for you to do like enclose the blue so it looks less glitchy and there are tools to make sure there isn't any quads in it and more stuff but it is hard with out it in front of me i could tell you more but you probably don't care but good work anyway Smile if you want help or want more feedback let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 7:04 pm

That's why it only took about two hours Jac :p
It was like a cut and paste lol
Nah I don't want to work on them anymore but thanks for the offer of advice Smile

The anlace is the only one I would say I "Made" so good eye :p
Looking at it now I can see a hole where the blue doesn't meet the blade Laughing must've missed a point.
Back to top Go down
Jacolby

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 3:30 pm

Untouchable wrote:
That's why it only took about two hours Jac :p
It was like a cut and paste lol
Nah I don't want to work on them anymore but thanks for the offer of advice Smile

The anlace is the only one I would say I "Made" so good eye :p
Looking at it now I can see a hole where the blue doesn't meet the blade Laughing must've missed a point.

yep shit happens to the best of us haha that's why we make a lot of drafts Smile well and no problem glad to help the best i can and ya i don't see you as a model developer anyway you were more into java Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I heard you like Animating.   So I heard you like Animating. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I heard you like Animating.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Programming :: Model Making-
Jump to: