Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Our virtual private server is now working and active. .
Everyone Vote! Drop party for each server list with 300+ votes or 30+ active players!
~Magicland Staff~

Beta is over (Not shut down)

Go down 
+2
Fantasy
Cejay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cejay

Beta is over (Not shut down) Empty
PostSubject: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 10:27 am

I have decided to pull us out of Beta testing. It has done everything i needed it to do.

We are not shutting down or going away, I am now in the process of going crazy on my server.

Please do not leave forever, try to come back every once in a while to see when the full release will be finished. =)

I am part way doing this to get our hype up a bit so we can get a small player base before we even open.

I am tired of not having players, because we don't have any players.

I would encourage you all to add my msn account to message me on msn messenger.

Account: cejaybouck@live.com

I would also encourage you to help me test my full version updates I make. Any one who adds my msn I will message you saying "come test my new slayer system for me" and maybe even give you a position explained below. =D. (All beta testers will still be rewarded)

Here are some of the features that will be on the full release of my source =D.

*Skills
-Crafting: tannable hides, make hide armor, make jewelry, ect.
-Rune crafting: Abbysal area and alters available.
-Theiving: All stalls will be available.
-prayer: All new prayers working.
-Magic: All ancients fully working.
-Agility: will be replaced with a diffrent skill id to avoid confusion of why its not added =D.
-Herblore: will be finished again, which does include poison.
-Fletching: Will be able to fletch arrows.
-Slayer: The task picking system will be more sophisticated when choosing a task for you. More rewards for your slayer points (including black mask, slayer stone ect.)
-Firemaking: All fires can be made from logs. The fire will do extra stuff besides just look pretty. =D
-Farming: Will be replaced with another skill if i feel it necessary. (who loves farming that much? wouldn't you rather have morphing? ha ha)

*mini-games
-Magic tunnle mini-game: This will be the only way to obtain ancients in the game. (along with infinity and awsome magic equipment). It will be based off of the barrows mini game.
-Bones in the grave yard: This will make life 50x easier to get your prayer up. I will make a detailed guide on how to do this mini game =D.

*other stuff
- Combat: I will completely over haul the combat system to be hopefully as precise as rune-scapes =D.
- Clue Scrolls: These will only be obtained during a slayer task =P.
- GWD: I will add all the remaining god wars dungeons in the game. Along with the god swords specials. I will also boost the powers of the current gwd and bosses =D.

These are only a few i can think of right now. There will be alooooooot more then that ha ha. So i have a lot of work ahead of me. Which I have 2 good news for you all.

First good news: Introducing our new programmer!

(He didn't want me to tell you, But its happening any ways cause I'm funny like that )

I am now in the process of teaching Jacolby java. He is learning very quickly and I can confidently say, he is better then 70% of the so called "coders" in all rsps. =D

In about 2 weeks he will be ready to start programming with me.

What this means for you is, A looooooooooot more time on my hands for the fun stuff (such as construction, custom mini games, custom skills, ect.), Plus new staff positions.

Wait did i just say new staff positions???

YES I DID! =D

Good news number 2:

New staff positions:

*NPC SETTER: - this staff member will be given Tasks in which they need to place down npc's in a certain area.
:commands given:
::npc (npcId) (npcWalk 1 = walk 0 = no walk) - this command places the npc right where the player is standing.
::GoToTask - This command will teleport the player to The area in which he is supposed to do his task.

*NPC drop setter: - this staff member will be given a list of what to type in, This person does not need to be close to the npc he is setting the drop to.
::drop (npcid) (itemid) (amount dropped) (how often it drops) - this will set the drop and drop rate of the npc put in npc id. (list will have id numbers)

*teleport setters: - this staff member will be given a list of what places need to teleport, it will give the x and y of where the object needs to teleport. It will also give the x and y of the objects position
::objectele - this object activates an engine that allows you to make any click-able object teleport you places.
::tele (x-position) (y-position) - This teleports you to the x and y position you give it.

The reason i am doing this, Is because this may be more fun for our active players, It gives me the opportunity to use my time more efficiently.

Note: these staff members do not get a crown or are referred as a moderator. But they do not go un-rewarded.

I will make this job worth your while. These are some of the rewards:

rewards:
"special commands":
::transform (name of npc you want to transform into) - This gives the player the ability to transform into an npc. (I will make sure to list the npc possible).
::staffRoom - this command gives you the ability to teleport to a staff only area. In this area you will get free food (lobbies only), free basic potions, cheaper store shops for skills, (herb and crafting ect.).

"other rewards":
+You will get a small experience boost in all skills.
+You will be friends with me (woots right?)
Back to top Go down
http://magicland.betaboard.net
Fantasy
Novice
Fantasy

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

Well Thats good to hear , looking forward to playin the full game now , school eneded today for me , now i have time to jump on .
Back to top Go down
XGunnerX

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 3:39 pm

This is great. So everyone got reset? Nevermind I'll just check for myself. Glad to see some updates coming along.

Last edited by XGunnerX on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devious
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 7:24 pm

Sounds cool, can't wait :3..
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:52 pm

XGunnerX wrote:
This is great. So everyone got reset? Nevermind I'll just check for myself. Glad to see some updates coming along.

Accounts have not been reset right now. I have cancelled the vps But some times they don't get a new tenant for it right away and they leave it running. So the server maybe be up and running for some times .

It runs out on the 26th of june. So it will be open till then, It will not be updated at all during this time. So if you play its for fun.

THank you
Back to top Go down
Jakez
Beginner
Jakez

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 6:58 pm

Cejay wrote:
XGunnerX wrote:

Accounts have not been reset right now. I have cancelled the vps But some times they don't get a new tenant for it right away and they leave it running. So the server maybe be up and running for some times .

It runs out on the 26th of june. So it will be open till then, It will not be updated at all during this time. So if you play its for fun.

THank you

I added you Cejay. Zeikkus <-- Me Very Happy
Also, I'm determined to get my combat leveled maxed by then >:O
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

Ha Ha good luck to you my friend =).
Back to top Go down
artix
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

Yea beta is over w00t im back yall!!!! and ready to play... is there new graphics?
Back to top Go down
artix
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 5:37 pm

Cejay it's been a long time, how is the server going or did u quit? I'm checkin forums everyday silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta is over (Not shut down)   Beta is over (Not shut down) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beta is over (Not shut down)
Page 1 of 1