Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Our virtual private server is now working and active. .
Everyone Vote! Drop party for each server list with 300+ votes or 30+ active players!
~Magicland Staff~

Our next update is...

Go down 
+4
Jacolby
XGunnerX
Untouchable
Cejay
8 posters

Should we update our graphics?
I want a 508+ server!
Our next update is... I_vote_lcap40%Our next update is... I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Keep it the same, I like it how it is.
Our next update is... I_vote_lcap50%Our next update is... I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
I would like to have both please! (yes it is possible just more work).
Our next update is... I_vote_lcap10%Our next update is... I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Cejay

Our next update is... Empty
PostSubject: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 6:50 pm

So the last poll was the decision to choose your update:

So the winner is....

DRAGON UPDATE!!! (big awesome happy theme music sounds)

So that will be the update I am working on next. Should take me till Friday to finish.

I have decided to give each update a week for bug tests and fixes. So here is how much longer we will be in our beta stage.

dragon update release date: 05/06/2011, Friday.
Armadyle release date: 05/13/2011, Friday.
Magic Mini-game release date: 05/20/2011, Friday.
beta stage finish release: 05/27/2011, Friday.

After
these 3 updates I will pull us out of beta stage and set all experience
to what it will be for the rest of our game time. Unfortunatly all
accounts will be reset. But if you're account has already been created
during beta, you get a special prize that only beta users get. I will
not spoil the surprise, but it will be worth playing beta.

So
every one get ready and keep bug testing. I will be going crazy on these
updates trying to keep my deadline. So keep me motivated and keep
yourselves happy!

I have also set up another poll considering updating my graphics to a 508+. It will give me a lot more stuff to give you all feature wise. We will have better looking interfaces in my opinion.

The only 2 downsides I can think of is, The cache will be massive (right now it is about 28mb. after the update it will be 90Mb ish). So it would be a huge cache download.

Vote up top and we shall see if its worth my time. Our next update is... 650269930

thank you,

~cejay~
Back to top Go down
http://magicland.betaboard.net
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 6:59 pm

WHOO GO DRAGON!!!1!!!1!

What about an either or option? Since i'm not fussed either way. I mean the cache size doesnt matter to me in the slightest. I think only developers think about that stuff.
Back to top Go down
XGunnerX

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 7:16 pm

I say leave the graphics as it is. 508+ will screw with the cache, and take forever to download. That and it really isn't worth it. Pvp will be harder because the game will respond a little slower. Anyway I just think that 474 is perfect. xD
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 8:32 pm

XGunnerX wrote:
I say leave the graphics as it is. 508+ will screw with the cache, and take forever to download. That and it really isn't worth it. Pvp will be harder because the game will respond a little slower. Anyway I just think that 474 is perfect. xD

actually to be honest, the game will not run any slower. The cache could be 500gb and it wouldn't have any issues.

The only thing that can effect game proficiency would be something that made it take more then 600ms to read through all the files.

So the graphics wouldn't make anything run slower unless you're computer cant handle it. ha ha
Back to top Go down
Jacolby

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 9:17 pm

I like it how it is only because we have a lot of stuff we could be doing with what we have. I think 508 should be done though just after we have this server to its max potential. Smile
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 9:31 pm

Respect the classics.

(Decided on keep it the same :p)
Back to top Go down
artix
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 11:46 pm

i know what the prize for beta is Shocked and plus reseting our stats is no fun Crying or Very sad but keep it going cejay , jacolby, no mean to be homo but u look hawt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 11:49 pm

Yay stat reset! (:
I voted for the better graphics, I figure, why not? More features, more fun.
Back to top Go down
artix
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 12:54 am

Vote for better graphics newbs!
Back to top Go down
Fantasy
Novice
Fantasy

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 9:26 am

508 graphics ftw ?
Back to top Go down
XGunnerX

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 9:41 am

Cejay wrote:
XGunnerX wrote:

actually to be honest, the game will not run any slower. The cache could be 500gb and it wouldn't have any issues.

The only thing that can effect game proficiency would be something that made it take more then 600ms to read through all the files.

So the graphics wouldn't make anything run slower unless you're computer cant handle it. ha ha

This is true, I've just seen some servers that 'looked' good, but ran very slow.

Much like Runescape did for about a month with their huge graphic update a while back.
Back to top Go down
Devious
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 9:08 pm

Cejay wrote:
XGunnerX wrote:

This may have been addressed but i really didnt feel like reading every1s posts, 500gb is a shitload.... just saying.. maybe u meant 500mb Razz...
Back to top Go down
Untouchable
Untouchable

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 10:11 pm

Theoretical size irrelevant since it's exaggerated to make a point
Back to top Go down
Cejay

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitimeSat 28 May 2011, 7:35 am

Devious wrote:
Cejay wrote:
XGunnerX wrote:

This may have been addressed but i really didnt feel like reading every1s posts, 500gb is a shitload.... just saying.. maybe u meant 500mb Our next update is... 253468018...

lol well its really only about 386 mb. But i was just exaggurating a bit =p. i prolly shouldn't have said gb cause 500gb is how much most old computers can hold maximum ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our next update is...   Our next update is... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our next update is...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Magic Land :: Server Updates-
Jump to: